Career Opportunity: Data Analyst
Climate Vault is a fast-growing Delaware registered non-profit non-stock startup that is helping fight climate change. We are searching for flexible go-getters who welcome the challenge of meeting the needs of a growing organization.
We are looking for a highly capable data analyst to work with our proprietary emissions data set. You will be using this data set to calculate and predict the emissions of organizations and financial portfolios. This data is used to help executives and investors understand the carbon intensities of their interests, and in turn, help them achieve carbon neutrality with Climate Vault.
To ensure success as a data analyst at Climate Vault, you should demonstrate solid experience using “Stata” to manipulate data, as well as experience critically looking at results to detect outliers and errors. This role will also work closely with Climate Vault’s donor development team and machine learning engineers.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Using automated tools to extract data from primary and secondary sources.
- Removing corrupted data and fixing coding errors and related problems with various techniques.
- Performing analysis to assess quality and meaning of data.
- Filter Data by reviewing reports and performance indicators to identify and correct code problems.
- Using statistical tools to identify, analyze, and interpret patterns and trends in complex data sets that could be helpful for the diagnosis and prediction.
- Preparing reports for the management stating trends, patterns, and predictions using relevant data.
- Working with programmers, engineers, and management heads to identify process improvement opportunities, propose system modifications, and devise data governance strategies.
- Preparing final analysis reports for the stakeholders to understand the data-analysis steps, enabling them to take important decisions based on various facts and trends.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, data science, mathematics, or a related field.
- Strong mathematical skills to help collect, measure, organize and analyze data
- Solid experience using Stata.
- Knowledge of programming languages such as SQL, R, MATLAB, and Python
- Knowledge of how to create and apply the most accurate algorithms to datasets in order to find
- Problem-solving skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Adept at queries, writing reports, and making presentations
- Team-working skills
- Verbal and Written communication skills
- Proven working experience in data analysis
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter (as appropriate) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.